I. How Faith is produced and strengthened
A. Faith is the work of the Spirit of Christ in the hearts of the elect.
B. Faith is strengthened by the administration of the sacraments and prayer.
II. The Result and Principal Acts of Faith
A. The Results of Faith
1. A Christian comes to believe to be true whatsoever is revealed in the Word.
2. Yielding obedience to the commands found therein.
3. Trembling at the threatenings found therein
4. Embracing the promises for this life and the life which is to come found therein.
B. The Principal Acts of Faith
1. Accepting Christ alone for justification
2. Receiving Christ alone for justification
3. Resting upon Christ alone for justification
III. Although faith is often assailed,
an assurance of true faith may
be achieved through Christ.