I. Statement of Perseverance of the Saints
II. The agents at work in and the source
certainty and infallibility
of Perseverance of the Saints
A. The immutable decree of election flowing from the love of God the Father
B. The efficacy of the merit and intercessions of Jesus Christ
C. The Abiding of the Spirit
D. The Seed of God within them
E. The Nature of the Covenant of Grace
III. The pitfalls and results of failing
to guard against the pitfalls of
A. The pitfalls
1. The temptations of Satan and of the World
2. The prevalency of corruption remaining in them
3. The negligence of the Christian to use the means of their preservation
B. The results of failing to guard against the pitfalls of the Christian
1. God's displeasure is incurred on the Christian.
2. God's Spirit is displeased.
3. Christian is deprived of some measure of their graces and comforts
4. The Christian's heart is hardened.
5. The Christian's conscience is wounded.
6. The Christian hurts and scandalizes others.
7. The Christian brings temporal judgments upon themself.