I. General statement on Christian Communion
A. Communion with Christ
1. Saints United to Christ by His Spirit
2. Saints United to Christ by faith
3. Saints have fellowship with him in His grace, sufferings, death, resurrection and glory.
B. Saints have Communion with each other
1. Saints have Communion in each other's gifts and graces
2. Saints are obliged to the performance of such duties as do conduce to their mutual good
II. The Responsibilities of the Saints to one another
A. Saints bound to maintain a holy fellowship and communion in the worship of God.
B. Saints bound to perform such other spiritual services as tend to their mutual edification.
C. Saints bound to relieve each other in outward needs according to their several abilities and necessities.
D. Saints bound to extend this same communion to all those who call upon the name of the Lord Jesus.
III. The Limits of the Communion with Christ and fellow believers
A. Our Communion with Christ doth not make them in any wise partakers of
the Godhead nor to be equal with
Christ in any respect. To affirm this is blasphemous
B. Our Communion with fellow Christians does no take or infringe the title
or propriety which each man hat in
his goods and possessions.